BBQ SMOKED CHICKEN QUARTERS
4 chicken leg quarters
2 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp thyme
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp kosher/table salt
2 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
These perfect smoked chicken leg quarters are extra tasty! It is full of flavor, it’s cooked to juicy perfection, and it has a nice crisp skin!
- Preheat your pelletsmoker to 220°F.
- Pat down chicken pieces with a paper towel tomake them dry. Cut off any excess fat that’s visible on the outside of the meat.
- Apply a thin layer of oil to the chicken skin. In a small bowl, combine all the BBQ rub ingredients thoroughly. Apply BBQ rub generously to your chicken thighs, rubbing in firmly and thoroughly.
- Transfer chicken quarters to your smoker rack.Close the lid.
- Cook until the quarters reach an internal temperature of165°F, about 2 hours.
- Once cooked, increase the grill temperature tomedium heat. Cook for just a few minutes, turning regularly, for a crispy skin.